Ever since becoming a vegetarian, I’ve taken to the task of finding delicious alternatives to classic favorites, but these baked cauliflower wings just may take the cake. Since these “wings” are made from baked cauliflower, they take on a similar texture as chicken wings, but at only a quarter of the calories + fat.
When I ran a test trial of these recipes, one of my friends + a huge chicken wing lover, asked for the recipe. It would be the perfect addition to a weekday meal prep, a snack to keep on hand, or, in this case, a great dish to bring along to a party [like the Super Bowl 😉 ].
One of the best parts of this recipe is just how versatile it is. I made 4 flavors: bbq, sweet chili, buffalo, and lemon garlic. The base recipe is the exact same for all flavors you want to make. I used about 2 Tablespoons of sauce + 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice for this batch.
[Part 1 of this Super Bowl goodies series: Mini Cinnamon Peanut Butter Protein Pancake Stacks]
Whether you’re looking for different alternatives to every day favorites, trying to cut down on the heavy calories that this day holds, or just looking to try something new, these baked cauliflower wings were a huge hit!
I pair mine with my homemade protein packed low-cal ranch!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs (I add oregano to the mix)
- 2 Tablespoons of milk (cow, cashew, or almond)
- 2 Tablespoons of bbq sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Franks hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice + 1/2 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- Break down your cauliflower + chop the florets into wing size bites
- Mix eggs + milk together
- Dip your cauliflower in eggs + milk mixture
- Toss wings in breadcrumbs to coat evenly
- Spread out wings on a baking dish + put in the oven at 350* F
- Bake for 15 minutes + take out and flip + put back into oven
- Bake for another 15 minutes
- Take out + toss in your desired sauce
- Bake for final 5 minutes
- Serve immediately
-Questions for you-
- Have you ever had cauliflower wings before?
- What’s your favorite wing sauce?
- What’s the best part of your week been?